Alternative Tests for JobKeeper
You may be eligible to register for June – Sep JobKeeper payments, even if you've missed April and May. If your business didn’t pass the basic test for JobKeeper, there are a number of alternative decline in turnover tests that could be considered. These are designed to ensure businesses don’t miss out on JobKeeper simply because they don’t fit the strict criteria of the basic test, even though they have been impacted by COVID-19.
These alternative tests are relevant to:
- New businesses (i.e. they haven’t been around for 12 months)
- Businesses that have changed (an entity acquired or disposed of part of a business)
- Business restructures (there was a change in business entity)
- Growing businesses (the business was growing significantly until COVID)
- Natural disaster impacted businesses (affected by fire or drought)
- Businesses with significant fluctuations in their turnover (not including cyclical or seasonal variances)
- Businesses where a sole trader/small partnership has been impacted by sickness, injury or leave.
These tests can be complicated to apply so please get in touch with us for further assistance if you think you might be eligible. Contact us